15 YEAR TRACK RECORD
INCLUDING FOUNDING SIX PIONEERING GLOBAL RENEWABLE ENERGY INVESTMENT PLATFORMS
Over the past 15 years, Mr. Cheney has both worked to expand established renewable energy firms and has built new companies from the ground up, including raising capital to finance expansion. He is skilled in the overall development and continuing refinement of business plans and strategies, and is equally skilled in the comprehensive implementation of those plans, including the scaling the business to meet the growth in the domestic and international markets for distributed renewable energy.
• South America (Bolivia) – $50MM investment in rural electrification successfully deploying 5 emerging renewable energy technologies, including the first micro-grid system
• Diversified commercial scale portfolio developed for biomass, biogas and coal gasification technologies
• Wind highlights include 4 GW of wind projects developed, constructed, and operated globally, including breakthrough projects in Spain, China and India
• Introduced the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to the U.S. commercial and residential solar markets in 2000
• Developed over 2 GWs of solar energy assets in the U.S. – financed, owned, and operated over $300 MM by 2009, requiring the structuring of tax equity funds and placement of permanent debt
• Syndicated the first solar tax equity/debt fund in the U.S. (Nellis Airforce Base) – raised and managed 5 additional tax equity/debt funds over during the period of 2006 through 2009
• Executed the financing and development of 50+ utility and commercial scale solar projects over the last five years – including Nellis AFB (largest in the US until 2009).
• Syndicated a $200MM solar PV project development Fund in 2011, leading to the formation of a 220 MWs in PV Project SPVs and a 13 GW PV project pipeline – all sold to the Fund’s principal investor in 2013
• Commercialized over 20 non-commercial renewable energy technologies over a period of 15 years, beginning in 2000, leading up to 2015
• Founded and served on the boards of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA), the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) and Black Rock Solar, among others.